Monday, July 05, 2010

I made it to day 30!

What started out as a pathetic attempt to use youtube to find a good and easy exercise routine turned out to be one of the best commitments I have ever done in my entire life. Believe me when I say there are a LOT of fitness videos on youtube, and I've tried a handful already. But the exercise videos I found from VibrantVegan were different. The premise is that people do crunches to desperately lose inches off their waist, but the people from VibrantVegan say that crunches aren't really effective if you don't exercise your core muscles. So the contend that an exercise routine that incorporates moves to work the whole core could yield better results. The catch is that you should commit 30 days to doing the exercise. And believe me when I say the exercises are challenging and extremely taxing.

And I just finished my 30 day workout a few days ago!

I'm proud of myself because this is probably the only time I was dedicated to a routine that long. I started out with their basic exercise routine, and it became progressively challenging every 5 days, with harder variations. But I actually skipped around two days during the whole thing, so those days didn't count.

So did I lose a lot of weight? No, but I felt myself becoming stronger. Honestly I didn't watch my diet so much, so probably that had something to do with it. But I really wouldn't count on this as the end though. I'm practically inspired to make this a year long process, with minor alterations. At least now I know I can last this long without flaking. Now that's an achievement.

No comments: