Monday, May 10, 2010

Today, I voted

Today I voted and for the first time in my life, my choice was legally accepted and accounted for.

Today, I tasted first hand how we're decades behind in terms of the system we employ.

Today, I chose somebody who I swore I would never vote for. But ironically, my previous "favorite" made it easy to walk out of the polling center without regrets.

Today, I felt how much the people around me wanted to change the way the Philippines is heading.

Today, I wish, will be day 1 of a long battle against corrupt officials, oppressive dynasties and the audacity of political impunity.

Tomorrow, partial results will let us know who's in the running, and I still hope that the surveys are wrong

Tomorrow, won't mean anything grand for the country, because there is still no rainbow, or even a silver lining. All that is left is a long, winding road full of struggle.

But today, I voted. And this has made all the difference

***
this isn't really poetic and i don't think this makes a lot of sense but it's better than nothing. I've been busy on Facebook and it wasn't fair if I left bloggy to gather cobwebs. haha

No comments: