Friday, June 25, 2010

done with Pathology

No, not the subject but the movie.

Since I don't have anything to do for tonight because the classes I have tomorrow are actually the first meetings with my teachers, I decided to finish watching "Pathology", the med school gone wild movie starring Milo Ventimiglia, who played Peter Petrelli from Heroes.

Photobucket

From rottentomatoes.com:
"Gifted med student Ted Grey (Milo Ventimiglia, HEROES) arrives at a major Washington, D.C., as an intern, where he is met with suspicion and resentment by the tightly knit group of fellow young pathologists-in-training. Soon, though, Ted is accepted into their circle---where they each take turns committing a murder so that the others may prove their mettle by figuring out the cause of death and celebrate with drug-fueled orgies among the dead bodies in the hospital. Things change for Ted, though, when his law student fiancée, Gwen (Alyssa Milano), moves to the city and helps to scare him straight. Soon, crazed Wallace Stevens-quoting leader Jake Gallo (Michael Weston) turns on Ted, putting both Ted's and Gwen's lives in serious jeopardy."

Yeah it's full of scenes where obviously the good doctors have broken moral compasses, and I would definitely recommend this as a supplement for my Philo and RS class (haha). The story line is basically linear, with more shifts going on with their sex positions than in the plot. There's not much going on in depth. But the last medically related movie I watched was "Unrest" (which was bullshit from beginning to end), so I was pleasantly surprised at how mildly entertaining it was. Yes, the keyword is entertain, so I didn't expect my life to change after watching that. Toy Story 3, on the other hand......


No comments: