Sunday, June 06, 2010

Inspire

So it's been a few weeks since I bought my camera and lately I crossed the bridge to understand aperture, shutter and exposure more. It's pretty good that I did though, because at least it gives me more confidence to use my camera, plus the great shots don't hurt.

Anyway, yesterday Riez, Jam, MJ and I watched Prince of Persia, and I don't know if it's because I read the reviews first, but I thought the movie was entertaining, though I'm not sure if it's the most intelligent movie I've watched. It didn't really have a point in the end, and it had too many turns that I was actually confused as to the point behind the Sands of Time. Yeah, I was THAT confused.

But what we did afterward made the day even better. We drove all the way to Pasonanca and ate at Myrna's. I tried their new BBQ Chicken pullover panini and I thought it tasted GREAT.

Photobucket


To take the edge off our heavy bellies, MJ drove us farther up Pasonanca. Instead of taking the usual road to Abong-Abong, MJ took us up a different path that led us to a point higher than Abong-Abong! There's nothing there but a stretch of road that leads God knows where, and the mountainside where we parked. The view was amazing and the pictures we took made me love my camera even more!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I definitely need to work on my angles more, but I think I'm on my way. Anyway, we also went to the Pasonanca's hanging bridge and ended the night with dinner at Jam's place. But that trip up the mountain made my day. Traveling is definitely something I would like to do more in the future. There's just something about being yourself in a totally new place, discovering the extraordinary in the mundane that makes it so....inspiring.

No comments: