Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A photo 'fail' (maybe not)

Last Sunday my friends and I went on an expedition to the outskirts of La Paz. But to the tune of National Geographic, we got "lost" (car couldn't make it up the mountain) and we had to walk to get to the destination (up the slope). BUT, by some strange reason we didn't make it to wherever La Paz is because we trekked a mountainside instead. I'm not sure how I should describe it, basta yun na yun.

We didn't really have a specific purpose than to appreciate a great view of the sea and the city. BUT, that didn't happen because all we saw was goat manure and acres of grass, grass and more grass (I'm semi-exaggerating! haha).

Anyway, we just trekked in a circle because we didn't really know what to do. The spontaneity made the sweat and manure all worth it because I'm not really the outdoors-y adventurous type. And it was exhilarating because I don't get to do that with friends everyday. And.... I think I'll make a photo story of the trip instead of a lengthy post.

I wanted to post this to show some photos I took, and I'm not saying they're good. Actually there are a long of things wrong with my photos but since it's nice to show off the mistakes you make along the way...here it goes!

These shots were taken on our way home. We decided to stop by Caragasan to take pictures of, well, ourselves and the sunset...

Photobucket

...when Kids living nearby approached us and started showing off, since they saw me with a camera. I really really really have to work on composition and framing. And maybe I could experiment with angles more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm a fan of jump shots and the kid's acrobatic skills are something I could never do in this lifetime. 0_0........anyway, back to the photo! Well, first off, maybe it's not a good idea to take photos in black and white. I could do that in the editing process later. I not a fan of the composition since the subjects aren't really the focus and there's too much going on in the background. And the angle I took the shot from doesn't help the photo.

Well I do have some nice pics I'll probably share tomorrow. This isn't really a photography FAIL since I know there's still a lot to learn. Whether or not I'll produce an epic shot one of these days, I'm still keeping my hands glued to my camera. Which I love. to death.

No comments: