Monday, July 16, 2007

a reflection about falling debris and wishful thinking

"when we are faced by a great loss, be it material, spiritual, or psychological, we need to remember the great lessons taught to us by the wise:patience, and the certainty that everything in life is temporary"
- page 178, "Like The Flowing River" by Paulo Coelho

the mere fact that gazzilions of people live everyday is, of all things, commonplace. but among all these great numbers, how many of them actually live the life they want to live? Coelho's relfection on 9/11 really showed a very plain scenario that would hit all of us sqaurely on the forehead. the people working inside the confines of the colossal buildings thought the day would turn out ordinary. that after work, they would go home to the families that need them, go to the nearest bar and drink, or go and score one for the night, just for fun. but in a blink of an eye, the building collapsed and took them with it. along with their secret dreams, and wishful thougts. that made me realize how short life is. if i spend my years doing something that can't make me happy, i would be cheating myself, and in retrospect, regretting evey day lived. before i die, i want to know i did something to make my life meaningful. i want to take the time i have and spend it like there's no tomorrow. i don't want the see the day i would be dragged down by my own falling debris and regret the seconds wasted before my demise.


- - this makes me realize how badly i want my very own photo exhibit, before i graduate. *sob*

No comments: