Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Direction

So it's 2011.

Wow, it's been a year since this, this and um....let's not forget that.

I could just reek positivity and happy happy joy joy thoughts, like I did last year, but I know it takes more than that to make the universe work for you

So it's one thing to just reek optimism, and another to actually grasp it, hold it tightly in your hand and never let it go. In more ways than one, optimism is fleeting. Blame it on the universe, for bombarding you with jadedness. Yes, the universe is a bitch.

I believe optimism is tangible. It's something that should be felt with your hands and well as your heart.

A list or resolution is tangible, but If you're like me, it usually dies by the end of the month. Change doesn't work that way. Change involves optimism and its close cousin, courage. You can't change the way you are if you don't see a light at the end of your tunnel. Likewise, you can't change yourself if you're afraid of the commitment that comes with change.

Optimism and courage come from your heart. And just what's in your heart? A favorite line that I never forget goes something like: "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

What's my treasure? It's something that I'm most thankful for. It's not a list that is never finished. It's not a mantra written on permanent ink.

It's this.

Photobucket

And from them - from optimism and courage...balance will come. Universe, bring it on! Cheers to 2011!!!

No comments: