Friday, April 30, 2010

Siobhan tribute

Well, not really a tribute but a compilation of my favorite performances of Siobhan. There are only two of them but you get the point. I thought she was going to be neck and neck with Crystal Bowersox, so yeah, I think she was gone too (and I'm using this lightly) soon.

America was kind of right though. Her performance of "Any Man of Mine" wasn't spectacular. I have to agree that what Siobhan lacks in vocal power she makes up for with that screech at the end of every performance. So beyond that high note, there isn't much to say about her singing ability (which is better than good but not great and exciting) because she can't sing the phone book. She needed to pick songs that suited her and, case in point, her choices are as confusing as her style. But at the end of the day, she's unique and marches to the beat of her own drum, which is great.



Her take on "Across the Universe" was my favorite of the Beatles' week.



"Think" made my jaw drop when I first heard what she could belt out given the perfect song. No wonder this was her swan song. This is what made everyone stop and take notice in the first place. Too bad no other performance could outdo this. And she kind of went downhill for me.

The way I see it, Crystal's greatest foe would have to be Lee Dewyze. While Crystal is strong every week, Lee just keeps on getting better and better so she may be in for a tough time hanging on to those votes if she doesn't come out and sing something people actually know the lyrics to. hahaha.

No comments: